Thursday, September 15, 2011

D&D 4e: Top 12 Ways to Stop Sounding So Damn Metagamey

This was an interesting blog post regarding "role playing vs. meta-gaming". The article itself made me think about some of my own play styles. I have always loved role-playing games but have never been a HUGE role player. I have my moments at the table but I've never been the "act" it out type.

I think the responses to the article added even more to the entire topic! After reading the article and responses I think one of the reasons I don't role play as much is I find myself worrying too much about the environment and fights. I spend more time and energy on wondering how to get my character and party through situations alive than actually role playing. I am trying to make a conscious effort to increase the frequency of my role playing during sessions but it will definitely take time.

D&D 4e: Top 12 Ways to Stop Sounding So Damn Metagamey

Check out the article and let us know your thoughts. Do you and your group role play more or meta-game more?

No comments:

Post a Comment